Do you think it would look ok if...

i died my hair red.lol not like clown red but a deep sexy redhead red? i have VERY fair skin and my eyes are greyish blue green. thanks mamas

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• don't know what you look like but i personally think dark red is the sexiest har color. i kept mine red for a while but dying it got too expensive. red hair fades very quickly and you need to wash it in cold water with a special shampoo for red hair
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:03 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• well I think so, the atress (can't remember her name) from Desperate Housewives has deep red hair, fair skin, and green eyes and she looks good.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have the same complexion as you and did it. looked great, everyone assumed it was natural.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• it should be ok if you like it and take well to dye. pp is right, it washes out real fast.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I dye mine red. I have very fair skin and light blue eyes. Go for it! But, like momofone725 said, it fades fast. Make sure to use a shampoo for color treated hair, I've found Dove and Aveeno work the best.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:08 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Sounds to me like you look beautiful!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• What's your natural color?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• natural color is dark blonde but the colr that it is now is ... roots are white blonde and the rest is orangy. i wanna dye it cuz i had a bleach job go really really wrong and red is the only hair color that i havent had
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think red would look good but I would go sort of lighter brownish red. Alot of the auburn colors (especially the ones you do yourself) have a purply looking tinge which is fine if that's what you want but it's not a natural looking color. If you're doing it yourself I think it will be really hard to achieve that deep red color (like Marcia Cross has)...I'd go to a professional for that.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have the same coloring as you, and I went a dark red a long time ago. It was the most flattering color on me, better than any color I've ever dyed my hair, but red hair is a pain in the butt to maintain.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011