Insanity workout is insane!! So That leads me to wonder.... **Edited**

Dammit all!! I will Be in bathing suit shape for next summer!!
So help me out ladies.

Dh tried p90x and I told him uh no! LoL p90x and all the equipment needed was not for us. We thought about buying a treadmill but the truth is i've seen myself drop weight and then plateau. The treadmill isn't enough.

Sooooooo i'm hearing good things about The Insanity Workout. But and I HATE this but...It's not for people who ARE overweight. Is what I am being told.

I need to drop a good 50 lbs. I've been doing portion control. I couldn't cut out soda completely because when I saw a soda i'd go loco and down it as fast as I could lol. So i limit to 2 sodas a week.

So if there are any of you ladies who have done the insanity workout could you honestly tell me: Could Someone 50 lbs overweight with breasts like soccerballs lol (not really, but it feels like it) do this program without killing over??

Thanks LoL

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 11:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• I don't think Insanity is a beginners workout. If you're over 50 pounds overweight, the companies producing these pretty much figure you're a beginner.
    I don't have Insanity, but I just recently got Turbo Fire (from Beachbody, same one that distributes P90X & Insanity) and my opinion of it so far is that it's definitely NOT for beginners! I've been working out regularly for a few years, and this thing is kinda kickin' my butt, lol. If you like Beachbody, which I do, I highly recommend you check out Turbo Jam (NOT Fire), which is an excellent line of DVD's that are appropriate for beginners, but that you can also modify to make increasingly difficult as you get better. Plus, they're fun once you learn the routines.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Are you talking about Insanity? I have the dvds. I use it them when I cant get to the gym. I don't think it's that hard that if you're overweight you wouldn't be able to do it. It's definately alot of cardio though.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would not start with that. I have a friend who does it and she is really good shape and it still kicks her butt. She started by losing some weight with portion control and watching what she was eating.  Then she started working out with other work out videos, I think she used Tae Bo.  She didn't start Insanity until she was towards her goal weight and even then it kicked her butt.  I wanted to start using it and she told me "Don't start with that if you are out of shape."  She suggested walking for 30 minutes a day and building from there.

Good Luck and if you do try it let me know what you think.

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 11:06 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• @ syphon

Thats what I meant LoL...Sorry, fingers and brain not working together.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I've never even heard of that! GL!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011