On and off again tummy ache? Now I feel guilty!

Ds is six and for the past week has claimed my tummy hurts,, usually when something is going on that he doesn't want to do.. Last week I let him stay home one day because he was in tears over it,, the tummyache went away after about 2 hours. Well, I had convinced myself this was a get out of school pass, but last night he woke me up crying that his tummy hurt, he was not constipated, and after about an hour it went away, I made a doctor's appointment for Friday, but now off to work, and I am feeling guilty. He says it hurts right above his belly button, this morning no issue, but last night he said it hurt when I gently pushed it,, could an appendix problem go away and come back? Should I call school and see how he is? He is not a crier so it has me worried!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 11:07 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• Well when I had my appendix pain it did NOT go away, it only got worse and worse until I started throwing up constantly every 30 minutes, I went all day being in pain and by 8pm that night my mom took me to the ER and I got them out before they burst.. so I don't know for SURE, but it came and never went away for me.. good luck - my son 3-1/2 has off and on tummy issues too :( I know that guilty feeling..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My daughter did the same thing for a while. Then one night she had a tummy ache and a fever of 104. I took her to the er and it was pneumonia. The doctor said pneumonia in kids normally showed up as a tummy ache.
    tess785

Answer by tess785 at 11:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Gas? Constipation?

If it's an issue, time to take him to the pedi.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011