Could you be in a marriage where there was no affection or sex ever.

My friend and I both left relationships where there was no sex we stayed because sex was not the most important but after a while for me there wasn't even hand holding ,or hugging or the occasional kiss could you live like that and keep it up for the rest of your life no affection at all why or why not?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• im in a relationship like that and its really hard. im not happy and its not what i want. i love the affection and the embraces. the light little touches that just let you know that other person loves you. i wish lol some day hopefully
    adriana1024

Answer by adriana1024 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Hmm, that's a toughie! My husband has never been extremely giving with his affection; meaning when he does it, I know he really means it. But having said that, no I couldn't live without those little signs of affection or sex. Otherwise to me, we would be just roommates that share finances/children etc.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i could, but I would really have to be in love. He'd still have to do his share of chores and child rearing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I couldn't. I think showing affection is important because actions speak louder than words. You can tell someone how much you love them, but if you never show it how can they ever feel it?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I could live without sex, but probably would need at least a little love and affection to sustain the relationship. Hugs, kind words, etc.

My husband is good at sex, not so much with the affection, go figure.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My husband and I are not really affectionate toward each other any more. There are many factors, a 2 year old daughter, his work schedule, he is going back to school part time, etc. But, we know we are taking care of the higher priorities right now. I think that I could stay in the relationship without any problem as long as it was just "life" getting in the way and not because we didn't want that type of attention from each other.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I could live without the sex, but not the affection... We go days sometimes without sex and it doesn't bother me because i know he loves me, its just life keeps us busy..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• no i couldn't, i am a very affectionate and sexual individual, i NEED it to be in a healthy relationship.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 11:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was there, divorced from him now. It wasn't a healthy marriage.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Me personally.

No. I could not and would not be in a relationship (especially a marriage) if there was no intimacy, no affection what so ever.. I am more than willing to be with/live with my husband if he can not have intercourse for health reasons.However. I am unwilling to spend my life with a man who simply just does not want to be intimate or affectionate (in any way shape or form) with me. Can't and won't do it..Intimacy and affection are very important and deep parts of a long term relationship. Even if one can not have intercourse due to health reasons, there are so very many other ways to share intimacy and affection. Without intimacy and affection simply because my husband didn't want to share them, my relationship would be hallow and lacking. I would not feel loved, I would not feel desired or wanted or needed or anything else. I would not be my husband's lover any longer, simply his roommate. I won't live that way
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011