Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does he try to make me look bad!!!

Ok so I'm a pretty much stay at home mom with our 6 month old. When he works I take care of our daughter, clean around the house, laundry and sometimes cook. Now he was off from work yesterday and I went to work for three hours. I came home and he was cleaning the house when I just cleaned Saturday. He complained there is too much clutter and how I'm dirty. Then when it comes to our daughter he acts like I don't know anything about taking care of her.

Answer Question
 
N3yN3y

Asked by N3yN3y at 11:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

Level 4 (53 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • probably I go thru the same thing I feel for ya sorry your going thru this.
    chica679

    Answer by chica679 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Be thankful you have a man who does help out around the house!!!! and If you are a stay at home mom for the most part, then cooking shouldn't be a "sometimes" thing. Not saying you have to spit shine the house everyday, but decluttering and throwing stuff out that you haven't seen or used in a 6mo to a year should go along with it. ( just my opinion) Myself I do all the yard work, as well as the house.
    kkbird

    Answer by kkbird at 11:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • The only reason the cooking is a sometimes thing is due to the fact that I never was taught or allowed to cook growing up and I'm just now learning. As for the clutter around the house most of the junk was his and I am thankful for everything he does
    N3yN3y

    Comment by N3yN3y (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • I see.
    If the clutter is his junk then tell him " Honey , by all means..... declutter YOUR STUFF". Only he knows what he wants to keep and get rid of.
    kkbird

    Answer by kkbird at 11:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • let him complain, if you feel confident that your doing your part, then screw it, some men just get mad because they feel all they have to do is WORK not realizing how much an at home mom does!
    BalooSkii

    Answer by BalooSkii at 11:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • He gets pissy cause I get side tracked with stuff well excuse me I'm at home 95% of the day with our daughter and the other 5% I'm working to pay my bills and to make sure jojo has diaper plus. I'm the one who pretty much gave my life up when my daughter was born and Im not complaining but give me some freaking credit
    N3yN3y

    Comment by N3yN3y (original poster) at 1:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • I dated a man who was a CLEAN FREAK and nothing was good enough. I told him I walk in my shoes for a day and then talk to me about it.
    Nickcole23

    Answer by Nickcole23 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • My dh really never says anything about the house. I have two boys, 200+ miles a week to appts for my ds and other obligations. If what I do isn't good enough for him he's more than welcome to do it himself! And I will not feel bad about it. Irritated maybe, but not bad!
    Austinsmom35

    Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:19 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN