Pre-school/Home-schooling?

I am looking for some information on homeschooling my daughter, she is currently three and I want to start her on a pre-school program, do any of you ladies do any programs at home with your kids? Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

PrdWifeNMom07

Asked by PrdWifeNMom07 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• they make a lot of workbooks and you can find them at walmart and target. they are really thick and teach the basics of numbers, shapes, colors, letters and tracing letters too. my daughter learned how to spell her name and write it out of one of those books. she is 4 now and i have a zillion print outs with different objects for her to trace. at her age she can also pick out the smallest and biggest object and she is starting to cut (with safety scissors) small lines off of paper.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• U can teach her abcs,numbers i-20. Home address and phone number. Writing her name. In preschool they basically do alot of coloring and the teacher reads stories. It is like a daycare!!! My son is like genius smart,he already graduated h.s. at the age of 15!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• In all honesty, you wouldn't really need a program for her age. Any appropriate activities through play will work better than any "specialized program". She is at the "Play To Learn" age. Get things she can manipulate with her hands to teach her. Pretend with a kitchen and play food. Let her help you cook and make her snacks and meals(even at 3, she can help cut veggies and measure), Let her help you make a grocery list and find the foods on the list when shopping.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• FYI They have to know their names addresses and phone numbers before they can get into kindergarten. They do test them after pre school.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• @ age 3 its all about keeping it FUN! And let your child leading the way. do alot of crafts. explore. read alot...Singing songs to make fun learning..There are alot of blogs that have great ideas. Check out: 1+1+1=1, Letter of the Week,

and check out your library. they usually have tot time that kids LOVE! and a homeschooling section with books that can help u.

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• lead* the way.. not leading haha..
    - there is a HUGE difference in teaching a 3yo & a 4yo & a 5yo! So take it slow & keep it fun..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• What made my answer deserve a vote down? I am SUPER curious.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Many preschools and kindergartens choose a letter of the day/week. You can focus on one letter a week. Eat foods, play games, make crafts that are all focused on that letter...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 7:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• BradenIsMySon --- who knows .. i thought it was ODD too.
    I will say just maybe a person hit the down, instead of up.. Ive did that once (thankfully it was my question- so i just awarded them with best answer haha)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011