Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


So I think my daughters father lied on her birth certifacte. Can you get into trouble if you lie on your Childs birth certificate even if it's just the wrong place of your birth and heritage??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Hmmm interesting question. Call the birth and records office and ask them. They will know for sure.

    Answer by vbruno at 11:34 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • I think you could, depending on why you lied. If he was born in one town, but wrote the town his family lived in that was right next door, it might not be a big deal. But if he lied and said he was born here when he was really born in France, that could be a problem. Your best bet is to contact vital statistics and ask them, or talk to a lawyer.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 11:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • I imagine so, but how in the world would you prove something like that? I know something that did, but no way to prove it.

    Answer by yesmaam at 11:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • I saw his birth records and they said something different. He said he was born in puerto Rico and he said he was Spanish!!

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Does that really matter? I could carelesss, but that's me

    Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Call family court they will tell you.

    Answer by BalooSkii at 11:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.