What has been the most effective way for you to lose weight?

What has been the most effective way for you to lose weight? Dieting? Excercise? A special program?

Do share how you are reaching your weight loss goals :)

PrdWifeNMom07

Asked by PrdWifeNMom07 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight Watchers and exercise.
    You can find all the info online if you just google it....and i'm talking free info that others have posted lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:36 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Here are a couple of links to my journals about what's working for me:

Clean eating

Weight loss

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• eating better helped a ton! if i couldn't read the ingredients on things or had no idea what something was I didn't buy that product, i bought something else with fewer ingredients in it. I lost like 20lbs in a month or less just by eating better.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am boxing and doing martial arts and addressing anger and abandonment issues and stress so it helps when I am angry to not stuff it down.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I lost as much baby weight as I could those first 2 mos, then I took the Jillian Michaels 14-day Jumpstart Your Diet program. I lost 14lbs in two weeks, and have continued using the fat burner she sells. My food intake has always been healthy, a treat here n there. I eat a LOT of fresh (cherub) tomatoes and a lot of raw bell pepper, and rarely add salt to anything. We eat a lot of red meat, moderate carbs, (we eat a lot of pickles, the acetic acid in them slows the body's absorption of the carbs, so they have more time to break down more, or be expelled before absorption. I have lost 61lb since the middle of December. Works for me!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• All you need is a healthy balanced diet, cut out processed junk, artificial sweeteners and white carbs....eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, lean proteins and whole grains.....calculate your BMR and eat the healthy calories you need to lose weight. Add cardio and strength training and workout 3-5 days a week, for at least 30 minutes a day.

I eat "clean"....recent books with very similiar eating plans are Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet, Jillian Michaels: Master your Metabolism, Jackie Warner: This is why your fat, Tony Hortons: Bring it, & Cynthia Sass's Cinch!

I just purchased INSANITY (www.getinsanity.com) and it's whopping my butt but it's great.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Diet and exercise. To be more specific calorie counting. I aim to burn an additional 1000 calories a day. It's been working great so far.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 2:11 PM on May. 4, 2011