What helped you to decide your spiritual path?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Like others have said I followed my heart. I tried to step back from what I was raised with and ask myself what do I really believe
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My own Womanhood led me home to the Goddess.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Critical thinking.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was raised in a Christian, Southern Baptist home. As kids do when they get older, I drifted from God for awhile. The good thing was, God never drifted from me! When things got bad, yes, I was quick to blame Him, and always forgot to thank Him for the good things. Nine years ago, things were so bad, I was literally wanting to kill myself. I would have died lost, and spent eternity separated from God. He stepped in when I hit rock bottom, saved my life, then saved my soul. He's proven to me time and time again, just how real He truly is! So, I guess to answer your question, God Himself helped me decide my spiritual path,and I've never looked back! God is good,and I'm so thankful to Him for all He's blessed me with.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have always been Christian. I was a raised in a Christian home and I haven't left my faith. Please don't take that mean I don't know anything about other religions. I minored in religious history in college, but nothing else makes any sense or feels right to me the way my faith does.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 11:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• When nothing seem to fit me within the Christian beliefs that I was raised in, I stopped all together attending
    Church and everything to do with religion.
    While my dd's were young and attending school, I decided to try my hand at the religion I was raised in again and
    also raised my dd's in it... it still didn't fit me or feel right to me...
    I was just going with the flow of things... I started researching, feeling out
    other belief systems and found what truly fit me and answered those questions I always had and the answers actually felt right to me instead of getting "Just read your Bible it has all the answers you will ever need"
    So now I am at peace within my beliefs and feel that this is where I should have been all along...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I simply followed my heart...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My family was nominally Christian, but we were never regular churchgoers. I always had pantheistic ideas about God and thought that must be congruent with Christianity. In my teens, I decided to actually read the Bible and found that my own ideas about God were really not reflected in monotheism. I like the teachings of Jesus, but cannot believe what I felt theologically required to believe in order to be Christian. I was interested that the Dharmic faiths (Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism) had a God concept that was a lot more congruent with my actual beliefs. As an adult, I practice Buddhism, because it focuses on things that are important to me, like compassion, mindfulness, and stresses practice over belief.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I stopped trying to "fit in" and allowed myself to explore what I felt in my heart and soul.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think just realizing its ok to go on my own and that it is ok to question and search for answers. I guess you could call me a natural witch but I don't like labels at all. Let's just say the earth is my playground and I respect and honor mother nature always.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2011