Does anyone else find this odd?

ok my little boy turns nine today happy b-day baby!! anyhoo do you wanna know what he asked for for his birthday? Bedroom furniture!!!! i literally laughed out loud when he said this b/c i thought he was joking!!! does this seem strange to anyone else?? b/c i really thought that he was ask for some really expensive electronic toy he has seen that the new 3d ds has some out so i really expected him to ask for that (not that i'd buy him it) but i was just shocked by his request? is this weird to anyone else?

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 11:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Lol...a man-to-be that KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS!!! GIRL! be proud of yourself, you have accomplished something very few mothers have! lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• no, I wanted a bed that had a little sofa on one side, a desk on the other and a bed on top when I was a kid.. saw one ONCE and wanted it so bad!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No!My daughter asked me for a canopy bed for her b-day.
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 11:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My daughter is eight and I recently went out and bought her a full size bed. She has had the same twin trundle bed since she was one. I brought it home and she looked at it and told me she preferred her current bed. She said all the furniture in her room matched and she liked it that way. So I can see where maybe your son wants something different....maybe more grown up.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My nephew's the same way. Such smart little men.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 11:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• To each his own! Perhaps your boy will turn out to be a famous designer! If furniture is his interest.....that is not a foolish request, which is great.....Take him up on it and encourage his diversity. I personally think it is great. You will get enough mundane requests from him in your lifetime.....so take advantage of a reasonable one! Oh, and Happy Birthday to him!! Beth100
    Beth100

Answer by Beth100 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• really? i have never heard of this it just seems so funny that he would pick it i guess it's just maybe me thinking back to my childhood and my other children always asking for toys it just threw me for a loop i gotta say he gets an A for creativity tho!! haha
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• maybe that is a good way to look at it lucky209 i have raised him well!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• well see these all make sense cuz these are girls and we care about this stuff i thought it was weird b/c it was my son. I am in NO WAY implying that i think he's gay (and would have NO problem if he was) it just seemed like that would be a more of a girl thing to do. i totally expected him to ask for guns or toys b/c thats what he usually picks he just really caught me off guard. and like i said it's usually the girls that wann do the decorating thing so i was like really furniture? you sure? you can pick something else and we can get you the furniture later on no problem, but he was no i really want new stuff and you can give my old stuff to ethan (his little brother)
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 11:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• thank you beth100 your absolutely right!!
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011