Best way to start convo about ttc #3

This will (probably) be our last child. Moneys tight but we are doing well. Dh wants to be done having children by the time he's 30- and he's 29 now. We have discussed expanding our family a little and I am ready to go for it. What is the least blunt/scary way to talk to dh about having another kid?

I don't know why this conversation is so hard for me to bring up! We are in love, living comfortably and have 2 wonderful children. Every night I build myself up to talk about it and then I can't get the words out.

Thanks for your help:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• You could always trick him and tell him you're pregnant to find out how he really feels about it. Sort of a crash course on the subject. lol THat would be mean though.

I don't know just be honest with him without springing it on him. Just say you want to talk about having another baby and go from there. See if he's receptive.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:42 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We just started a convo about #2- I was like, So what do you think about trying for another baby? He's still thinking about it (I'm ready to start NOWWWWW), so I ask him every couple of days if he's thought more about it, and ask him about any concerns he has. There is always going to be SOME reason not to (money is tight for us right now, too), but sometimes there is no time like the present, you know?
    Good luck!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• just say, "we're not getting any younger, so lets go make a baby!"

sorry, i'm a very blunt person.
    PhoenixsMommy10

Answer by PhoenixsMommy10 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• This is how the convo went when we were TTC #3 (which, btw, was our ONLY one we actually were trying to get!): Me "You want me pregnant now, or you wanna wait a couple more months (didn't want 2 born in the same month)?" Him, "Lets go."
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2011