Tint residue on my car window.

When I bought my car, it had tinted windows. After awhile, the tint started to detach and roll up, causing the power windows to slow down, so I ripped it off. There is no tint left, but there is a streaky, clear-like residue left on my windows that causes a bad glare at night and in the rain. Any idea how to get it off? Thanks!

I have no idea what cat. to put this question in, sorry!

CollegeMommy121

Asked by CollegeMommy121 at 11:48 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Home & Garden

• take it to an auto body shop and ask them. don't let them physically touch your car just ask them to take a look and see what they say.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You can buy" bug off" that will take the residue off. With film tint you HAVE TO buy a NON ammonia window cleaner or the film WILL peel and bubble on the glass.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks guys! vbruno- I had no idea about that. Thanks for letting me know! Have you heard of goo gone? Ive been told to use that...I have no idea if it has ammonia in it or not though.
    CollegeMommy121

Comment by CollegeMommy121 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Actually, a solution of water and a lil laundry soap cleaned mine off! If that doesn't work, try a Mr. Clean magic eraser. They really ARE magic!

matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• GooBeGone.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• goobegone
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 2:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Googone or alcohol. My SO used to do custom car work. He said alcohol takes it off extremely easy, but some people don't like using it.
    Sarahb21

Answer by Sarahb21 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011