Bullying

What age does the behavior beginn to show? In your opinion.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd say that's pretty normal for this age. There are a few different things you can try. First, get down to their level and explain that you understand that it's a fun toy and they would like a turn.Then ask them how it makes them feel when someone take something from them. It may take a while for them to understand, but eventually they'll get the point. Then make them give the toy back.

If there is a particular item that is always being fought over you could try setting a timer. Find another toy that they both like and have them trade when it goes off. If you are having a play date you can also have your child pick out one toy that they don't have to share and put it up and out of sight. You can also look for duplicate toys at garage sales.

Randomocity

Answer by Randomocity at 12:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• my 2 year-old started it. she would grab toys and yank things out of those kids hands. it starts young, it's what you as the parent do about it that stops it or lets it continue
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Zoejains is right. I noticed it about 2. My daughter became really bossy and putting her hand on her hip. You gotta stop it quick and still keep them confident. If your child is experiencing it teach them to speak out. You can never start too early.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 11:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011