Does "anime" give anyone else the creeps?

I remember as a kid watching an anime movie called Unico, and it almost always gave me nightmares. The man in the movie creeped me out severely, lol...as did the little devil guy. I recently recorded Ponyo for my kids off the satellite dish, and that movie creeped me out as well. I really did not like it.

Renee3K

Asked by Renee3K at 11:56 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Entertainment

• Anime Absolutely gives me the CREEPS. I think it is the eyes.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The huge eyes make me laugh. Is that really how Asian people see Caucasians? with huge eyes? Iv seen a creepy anime or two in my day though. So I see where your coming from.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I love anime but I didnt start watching it until I was an adult....I watched one called "Death Note" recently and I thought it was excellent
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• What is anime? I know i could google it but you are talking about it right here on my favorite place. Thanks.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The japanese cartoons.
    Renee3K

Comment by Renee3K (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Obviously from my name... no it doesn't creep me out, I love it! Well, at least most anime doesn't creep me out. Some do, like Gantz. That one's just nasty and scary. However, anime is no different than "American" cartoons. Some I like, and some I don't. Like I hate Cow and Chicken because of the artwork (and it's stupid), and I despise Spongebob just for being creepy and annoying. Yet I like The Regular Show, even though it's really stupid! :D
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• There's an anime Sponge Bob?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011