My husband makes me so damn mad sometimes!!! **long**

So yesterday it was so gorgeous outside so most of the day I was outside with the girls and that morning before he left he even said to me take the girls outside today. Which kind of annoyed me, but whatever I just said I planned on it. I text him at some point during the day and said sorry the house is a mess because I have been outside with the girls most of the day (which he told me to do) and when he called me after work the first words out of his mouth were so the house is a mess. I just wanted to throw the phone at his head at that point. It was the nicest day that we were going to have this week and all he cared about was the damn house which I should say that over the weekend he messed up. During the day during the week my house is clean but when he comes home he leaves a trail of things. His dishes from lunch are on the hallway table, shoes in the middle of the floor, shirt on the island in the kitchen, belt on the table, laptop bag in the middle of the living room and he sits down on the sofa and gets on the computer right away. So I have to go around picking up his stuff and putting his dishes away. So lately I have just been gathering his clothes and put them on the landing and I just walk by them until he eventually picks them up and puts them in the laundry basket (floor next to laundry basket). Why is it my job to pick up after him? He is an adult he should have to pick up after himself. Isn't it bad enough I pick up after our 3 year old all day long I don't want to pick up after him either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I feel ya sweetie.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• sounds like my other half. don't think he was so mad about the messy house as he was that he had to work all day and missed being able to enjoy it too.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Do you live in South Dakota? LOL because yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day, and its suppose to be nasty all the rest of this week.

Have you sat down and talked to him about him helping keep things clean? I don't mind *sometimes* picking up after my husband because he will reciprocate. But for him to just come and dump everything on you...no, that wouldn't fly in my house!

How many girls do you have and what are all their ages?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• If he is insisting on a clean house and is the biggest culprit in the messing up of it, I think a reality check is in order. I would take pictures of the messes he is completely responsible for and tell him that if he picked up after himself, you would have less to do and could keep things cleaner.
    What a turd! My husband could be at home in a pigsty, so I have a whole different set of problems.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My hubs does the same thing... he will leave dishes in the livingroom, clothes on the bedroom floor, if he uses a tool to fix something it sits where he puts it or on the kitchen table.... seems he can't/won't pick up after himself as he goes! Frustrates and annoys me greatly!!!! I have talked to him about it and he gets defensive and acts like a jerk. So what I do is leave his mess for him to clean up (like dishes) and for the other stuff (like tools, his papers, and such) I bag them up and dump it on his desk/computer chair so he HAS to sort thru his pile of crap and put it away! For laundry I don't pick it up, I leave it. The rule is if you want it washed put it in the hamper (which is RIGHT NEXT TO his pile on the floor). So when he gets low on laundry he will either wash it himself or put it down by the washer.
    Sometimes I think men are born with a 'pig' gene encoded in their DNA!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think my husbands main problem is that his mom picked up after him when he lived at home and I think he thinks it's now my job. Oh believe me I gather all the things up and put them in a pile on his desk. It stays there until someone wants to come in our house and see it (it's on the market). It just drives me crazy that he does that crap. Like the newspaper, we get the Sunday paper and if it wasn't for me putting it in the garage we would have 6 months of newspaper sitting on our dining room table. Pretty soon I'm going to stop doing his laundry and dishes and see if he likes not having clean underwear or socks.

@ hopeandglory53 I live in PA and I have 2 daughters ages 3 1/2 years old and 11 weeks old.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• sounds to me like you have 3 kids...LOL!!!!
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 12:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I will get a lot of bad votes for saying this, but I believe it IS my job to pick up after my husband.. My husband is not a slob mind you, and is very considerate, but I do pick up his clothes that don't make it to the laundry basket and dishes that don't make it to the sink.. I do not work outside the home.. My husband works 5 weeks at a time without a day off.. He pays our bills, buys our food and our clothes.. He puts gas in my car, pays for my car, and gives me money when I need it.. He does his job.. I do mine.. He does expect his house to be neat and I do my best to keep it that way.. Just like I expect him to work his tail off and support us.. If he did not bring home a paycheck or put food in my kitchen, he would get a complaint from me because I expect that.. In turn, he has every right to complain if I am not doing my job..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 1:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I do my job but I don't expect my husband to disrespect me by leaving his clothes around the house. He should take them upstairs when he goes to bed. I also feel that if he is making his way into the kitchen anyways how hard is it to bring the bag of dishes in with him. I expect him to respect me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You've set the standard in your house by constantly picking up after him. So stop! It's really just that simple. When he is running around looking for his belt, his laptop, clean socks, etc he might finally get it. Tell him no where in the marriage vows does it say you are his personal maid and he needs to learn where these things go. Dirty dishes in the dishwasher, dirty laundry to laundry basket or laundry room, belt in the closet/drawer. Don't give in or you will do it for the rest of your married life.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2011