Have the hardest time getting my 9 year out the door for school inthe morning!

We yell and rush and it i can start at 6a.m. or 7 a.m. but it's the samething everymorning

PASSIONGAL1967

Asked by PASSIONGAL1967 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• One thing I have found that helps me more than anything is routine and having AS MUCH prepared the night before as possible.

I have cloths laid out, lunches packed, shoes beside the door, all homework completed and in back pack which is zipped and beside the door.

And then its the same routine everymorning. Breakfast, brush teeth, hair, get dressed, shoes, backpack, get in car :)

If we do this in a timely fashion, they have computer time b/c we did good.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• have everything ready the night before, get up 1 hour before DS and have breakfast ready, clothes ready, bookbag and shoes at the door, and you should have no issue, keep a toothbrush and paste in the closest BR to the door! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• get him to bed eariler, pack lunches in the pm, have him shower or bath at night, have him pick out his clothes at night, homework should be started right after school & done before anything else.. no tv in the AM before school- buy him an alarm clock and reward him with high fives, and praises when he gets ready quickly
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 7:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2011