Do you think im wrong? long.. sorry

ok so my son is in a facility right now b/c he has been misdiagnosed b/c nobody wanted to listen to me yada yada not gonna get into that thats another story. So anyway we can only visit him in thursdays and sundays. His real dad and i are not together have not been together for a long time b/c he is a crappy dad, and alot of the issues that my son is having is b/c of him ex: son gets explosive when dad gets on the phone and promises to come get him and then at last minute backs out and when he calls he can hear the half brother in the background. I have told him numerous times don't do this and i have even gone so far as to tell him to tell me if he is planning on coming and i will ONLY tell son if its 100% that dad is on his way about to be here. He is just not reliable anyway getting to the point. Alot of these things are taken out on me b/c my son lives with me and i have to deal with this i take it b/c that's what i am supposed to do i would rather hi hate me now and later on realize what a piece of crap dad his father is on his own. Anyhoo two visitations ago his dad calls him on tuesday and tells him that he can't come see him on sunday b/c he and his new girlfriend are going on vacation. So on thursday when i went to go visit my son which takes me two hours there and back he refuses to visit with me b/c he is upset about his dad. I was very upset but never the less left him a note telling him i loved him ok so fast forward he has been refusing my calls and refusing to see me b/c he is still upset over the dad thing well today is his b-day and he is possibly getting released tomarrow so we are gonna hold off on going to see him today and wait to have the party but dad had the audacity to ask me to allow his girlfriend (who has never even got out of the car or introduced herself to me) to be put on the list so they can go have cake and ice cream with me he is already on the list so he can go in and she cant without my permission i told him no b/c she is the reason my son wont see cuz you just had to go on vacation with her rather than visit your son that you barely see and he is pissed! am i wrong? sorry so long

amberpaiz

Asked by amberpaiz at 12:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• Oh, you have EVERY reason to be angry. It must be maddening to see your son's heart getting broken over and over again.

I know that he is being released tomorrow, but is there any way you can visit him today (just because of the B-day) or at least have a cake or a gift delivered to him? Because of his anger, feelings of abandonment, I would hate for him to feel like his B-day was being missed . . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't think you're wrong at all! And I agree with ImaginationMama; you should see him on his birthday if you can!
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Your NOT wrong. You have a valid reason (s) to be angry.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• they are giving him a special cake and little presents and they reccomnded that we just stay home b/c they were gonna be working with him most of the day to transisition him for coming home i have called and got to talk to him tho and he seemed like he was in good spirits and it really made my day that he finally answered the phone for me and he did apologize for the other times and i told him that was ok i inderstood it hurt my feelings a little but everyone gets to have a few days to be grumpy!! but i am glad to hear that i am not wrong about this cuz i thought maybe i was being selfish about it
    amberpaiz

Comment by amberpaiz (original poster) at 2:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011