Tossing and turning at night time?

My baby girl, Bayleigh, is almost 5 months old and I just recently started putting her in the crib at bedtime. She falls asleep with a paci and when she does fall asleep she will sleep for a couple of hours at the most and then start tossing and turning and waking herself up. Before the crib she slept in the bassinet right next to my bed and she was doing pretty good about sleeping 7-9 hours straight. Is there anything I can do to get her to stay more comfortable in the crib without tossing and turning all night? And is this normal? I try to give her a warm bottle before bed and that seemed to do the trick while she was in the bassinet, but doesn't seem to be having the same effect for the crib. Any and all suggestions please! Need to get some sleep before I go crazy lol!

nikkimcnemar

Asked by nikkimcnemar at 12:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is normal for kids to all over the place.....at 5 months there's not much you can do.....she's just exploring in her sleep....as long as there isn't anything she can suffocate on, she'll be fine I know how nerve racking it can be when they are in their on beds. GL Mama!
    MamaRudolph

Answer by MamaRudolph at 12:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have a 6-month-old. I believe tossing and turning for them is normal. I do it, too! I swaddle my daughter using two blankets and that works like a charm for her. She is nice and cozy just like in the womb and it helps subdue her startle reflex. I did the same with my older daughter - now 3-years-old. The nurses at the hospital when my oldest was born did an excellent job teaching me how to do a great swaddle. My 6-month-old sleeps a good 8 hours straight at night this way. Best of luck!
    DragonflyGirls

Answer by DragonflyGirls at 2:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• ok thank you! i usually swaddle her in a recieving blanket and then in a regular blanket. hope she sleeps better tonight.
    nikkimcnemar

Comment by nikkimcnemar (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011