Pregnant breastfeeding

Did you get pregnant breastfeeding or know someone who did? If so, how old was the baby?

-lovingliam-

Asked by -lovingliam- at 12:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes. Our son was 4 months old when i found out I was pregnant with our 3rd son. I was breastfeeding him full time.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I did, and I know of lots of ladies too.
    My child was 20 months.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Loads of people get pregnant while breastfeeding on demand full-time. That's how "tandem Nursing" came about. You can be nursing while pregnant and after have 2 little ones nursing. I have even seen where the lady had 3 different aged little ones close together and all were nursing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• how did you find out you were pregnant? Is it safe to continue breastfeeding while you are?
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Most women start having all the symptoms.

Yep, perfectly safe to continue to nurse the older one while pregnant. And once the baby is born, both can still nurse.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• yep my third was 8mo and I got preg (surprise! I hadn't even started my cycle yet) due in June :) still breastfeeding hes 15mo now and will be bfding both when baby arrives :)
    leejoy

Answer by leejoy at 12:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was TTC and took a test before my period was due, so I knew I was pregnant from the test.
    Yes it's safe to nurse through a normal, healthy pregnancy. Occasionally, a mom might have preterm labor issues and may need to stop for a bit, but not too likely.

Are you pregnant & nursing?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Lots of info:  kellymom.com :: Nursing During Pregnancy & Tandem Nursing

You might like to read Aventures in Tandem Nursing.   Ask for it through the library.
    ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yeah, my sister in law did. She's 10 ish weeks pregnant and her daughter is 18 months and she's still breastfeeding.
    armywife227

Answer by armywife227 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011