I just discovered I have gained 16 pounds in a week. How do I fix this?

I was at 212 and now I'm at 228. I am disgusted and feel horrible. How do I fix this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• check to make sure it isn't your scale acting up.. mine did that the other day, said I gained 10lbs over the weekend and it turned out to be false. Try to go out and walk.. it might make you feel less agitated with yourself and it's exercise
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• See your doctor. Its unsafe to gain that much and could be caused by a health problem.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Are your clothes fitting differently? That's a VERY dramatic weight gain in such a short time. I agree with zoejains_momma- I'm guessing your scale is malfunctioning. Unless you've participated in a few eating competitions in the past week, it's VERY unlikely you actually gained THAT much. 3500 calories=1 lb, x 16 lbs=56,000 calories in excess of your normal diet. Have you eaten that much??
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I've kinda been eating non-stop, yeah. I was severely dehydrated for a few days and unable to eat or drink. When that problem was fixed I sort of went crazy with eating.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Well if you were dehydrated and barely ate for several days you lost a lot of water weight and now that you feel better and eating and drinking i'm sure a lot of that is regained water weight.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I gained 13 in 5 days. Went to Urgent care. I had bad infection. Go in.
    Nickcole23

Answer by Nickcole23 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 13, 2011