Have you ever left the hospital after surgery just because they wouldn't let you smoke?

I had to room with a woman who just had surgery once and they wouldn't let her smoke. So she left. IT was unbelievable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• She obviously doesn't care about her healthy sways, since she smokes... So it doesnt surprise me all that much.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No. And I wouldn't allow anyone in my family to do it either., but I don't smoke anyway. Once, my Grandpa decided he wanted a cigarette while in the hospital, so he opened the window and got up in the window sill and had one that way. It was too funny. He was from an era that obviously smoked everywhere. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No. But then again I have never had surgery and don't smoke.

It's a freaking ADDICTION. I can imagine that if this woman was a heavy smoker she would rather skip out of the hospital then deal with withdrawls.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My DH had surgery a couple of years ago in his sinus cavities and the guy in his room with him had the same thing and he went outside to smoke and then came back up to the room. I just can't imagine the damage he was doing to his blood pressure, heart rate, etc, not to mention the smoke in his sinus cavities thathad just been operated on.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Smoking also cause you to heal way slower than normal, so, those folks are risking LOADS with their health.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:52 PM on Apr. 13, 2011