Most dangerous dog breed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pets

• – collapse
    pitbulls
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Statistics show that a Standard Poodle is more likely to bite/attack than any other dog breed. Pit bulls, Rottweilers, Dobermans etc get a bad rap from BAD OWNERS. There are cases in which any kind of dog just is not suited to exist with humans, but it most cases it is the owner's fault for a misbehaved/mean dog. I worked in a veterinary hospital for just about a decade, so I do have experience with this.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Imogine, I'm sorry you had those experiences with Pitbulls. i actually used to have the same feelings you do, because I didn't know better. I was terrified of pitbulls. however, when 2 pits got out in my neighborhood and were running around with kids playing in the area, I took a chance and called the pits over to put them in my back yard til the animal control people could come get them. They were the sweetest, most obedient dogs I've EVER seen. I've had that experience with every pit I've met since. So I think that ANY dog with bad owners can be a very very dangerous dog. Oh and I had a Rottweiler for a couple years too so I know it's not true of their breed either, really sweet and smart breed too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• First of all jumpy folks. I wrote the first response BEFORE I read her second one. Secondly, I only stated MY experience. Not to belittle hers, but, to show a different experience. Regardless if she was attacked by a Pit, that doesn't prove that Pits are the most dangerous. That only proves they bit her and not some other breed.

Statistic wise, Pits are NOT the most dangerous.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Freaking Pomeranians and Chihuahuas are more likely to bite you before ANY pitbull is. Trust me. I know MANY pitbulls I would leave a small child with and MANY small yippy dogs i wouldn't.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• @Imogine: I know a lot of pitbulls and they will lick you to death before they thought about biting you. My step mom and my son and my dad have ALL been attacked and bitten by small dogs.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Any dog breed has the potential to be dangerous just as any dog breed has the potential to be a good companion.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 12:36 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Chihuahua lmao
    Seriously though the worst dog I ever came into contact with was one of those. We have a pit whose sweet s pie. I think it really is dependent on the dog and the way theyve been trained as well. Dogs like people can be born with bad personalities.

Answer by gemgem at 3:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Any untrained untamed dog...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Considering that I have owned many of the breeds on the typical dangerous dog lists and mine have all been loving, highly obedient and sweet...and I am raising children with these dogs to boot....I don't really think there are dangerous breeds as much as dangerous dog owners and very bad breeders who don't have a clue what they are doing.

Let's see...I have personally experienced biting dachhunds, cockers, goldens (2 of them), labs, chihuahua, pits, shepherds, huskies, mastiffs, all sorts of mixes...this list is endless....is there really one breed that is more dangerous than another?

If I have to state one dog breed, it would be chows. I don't like that breed and never met a friendly purebred chow...so lets pin it on chows, shall we? LOL

spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011