Am I the only one with pigs living in my house?

I am so aggravated with things breaking, spilled, drained batteries, or scatter (just to name a few) all over the house. Then everyone in my house looks and treat me like there's something seriously wrong with me or I fell off the deep end.

Lynnda

Asked by Lynnda at 12:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have two little grandpigs living with me.

Answer by louise2 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Oh you are not the only one! I have 3 of them around here. We're working on it though!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• lol I thought you literally meant pigs.... My ex is the biggest pig ever!!! God forbid he picked up after himself, washed a dish, did any laundry or pee IN the toilet.... disgusting!!!

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't have any pigs living at my house. Maybe it's because I don't tolerate "pig" behavior. Sounds like you need to set some boundaries and learn how to enforce them. There's a book by that name: BOUNDARIES by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend. Get it! Read it! Do it! A woman's home should be a place of peace and tranquility, not one of messes and junk. So take control and make the necessary changes. Depending on the ages of the offenders, it could become noisy and unpleasant, but if you stick to your guns, you can have the kind of home you desire!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You tell them time and time again not to mess up, only to find that you are alone in the Cleaning department . I even got rules posted in the hall and a chorelist (of all the things they should be focusing on) for all to see. I started enforcing the rules, then they decide to do the chore with an attitude. I have been kicking people sneak eating in the livingroom out of the livingroom, for months now (god when are they going to get it). They have been sneaking food just to watch tv in the livingroom. Now here is wher the problem lies with the livingroom, I exercise on that TV in the livingroom every night, there is really no space else for me to exercise but my livingroom. Now I am truly livid that some important documents that were in my van happens to be unintentionally wet, and I don't know who the culprit is. Now I am on van watch. Why do I feel as though I am the only one who gives a damn...
    Lynnda

Comment by Lynnda (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have offenders from ages 1 thru 16.
    Lynnda

Comment by Lynnda (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have a few in my house too, Momma! I know exactly how you feel!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• No pigs allowed in my house. I will occasionally test them with leaving something on the floor and it will lay there for weeks and they will all step over it. Then one day I will just explode..
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• nope my pigs are coming home to clean after school!!! i will happily sit down and direct. Im tired of cleaning their messes day end and day out. Love to sit back and watch the house get cleaned
    cmerc19

Answer by cmerc19 at 2:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I live with 5 of them! My husband's the worst of them all though. The younger kids seem to think it's ok to just undress in the living room and leave their clothes piled on the floor. They try to get away with leaving wrappers on the floor, instead of picking them up, and attempt to eat in the living room even though the rule states eat at the kitchen table only! I set boundaries, but it just seems like the older these kids get, the more they have to be yelled at gently reminded to pick up after themselves! You're not the only one, OP, trust me!

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 12, 2011