What do i do?!?! advice please!

I am 35 weeks and went to see the doc today. still just dilated to 1 and he said to keep taking my medicine procardia until the 25th bc he would prefer delivery at 37 weeks. He said just a mental note if I don't have her before then. She weighs 5lb9oz according to the ultrasound. I have been taken off bed rest.......well I have a court date we have been waiting for FOREVER next tuesday to get my son adopted by my husband. this is a very important day for my family. Should i quit taking my meds and leave it up to God??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your baby will come when she wants regardless of your meds. You could stop taking them now, and have her in three weeks, or you could stay on them and have her next Tuesday.... Listen to your doctor. ( GOD will have the finally say in when your baby comes regarless, even if she's a c section, it was in GODs plan) I had almost the same thing happen, dh had court for an accident (not our fault) and I was so worried that I was going to go into labor. Court lasted 15 mins and I had our son 4 days later...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• so you want to disregard the advice of your doctor while you are carrying another human in your belly and leave it up to "God"?????? My advice is listen to your doctor.
    8Tinkerboo8

Answer by 8Tinkerboo8 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would continue to take them in hopes of keeping her in for the longest amount of time possible. Even 37 weeks is NOT full-term and if by any remoter chance the EDD was off, then, she could be born with late term preemie issues and have to stay in the NICU or need a little oxygen. Besides, the last week or two of pregnancy is when their brain does most of it's growing.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Follow your Doctors's advice.
    mamamel61

Answer by mamamel61 at 12:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Keep taking your medication! But I don't see why you can't go to the court hearing? My daughter was born at 39 weeks and weighed 5.9 pounds.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Why quit taking your meds? I wouldn't. Go to the court date definitely.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yeah, just listen to your doctor. They know what they are talking about.
    MandyBear0341

Answer by MandyBear0341 at 12:53 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• keep taking ur meds and tell ur doctor that u have to show to the court hearing its important to u n your family and see if he cant deliver u after the court date. good luck hun
    Taken0126

Answer by Taken0126 at 1:00 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't like the first responder putting God's name in a million quotations like he is not real. that's your opinion. I am just worried she will come on that day, or the day before. The meds are not as effective as they were so i feel like ON the medsthe possibility of next week is really good
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• the doc didn't sound too confident that i would make it for 2more weeks with the meds
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2011