Please explain to me why Bush was so awful compared to Obama?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You know that debt we have? When Bush took office we had a budget surplus by the time he left we had a multi trillion dollar deficit.

That surplus wasn't real when Social Security was struggling. The main difference between Bush and Obama is Bush lives in an environmentally friendly way Obama doesn't just tells us we should. They seem pretty much the same otherwise.
    Anonymous

• I didn't care for Bush as a President... I don't care for Obama as President. Obama has many Bushisms... What makes Obama worse, imo? Obama will embrace a Bushism on one issue, then pull a Carter on many other issues.... Obama isn't a leader...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• President Obama spends more in one day than Bush did in a week. Um....let's see.....where do I start. The debt ceiling has been raised several times under Obama and he wants it raised again. We need jobs and industry right here and Obama wants to give millions to Brazil for oil. All his clean air energy policies are now a bunch of bull. Obama wants the people to trim and cut and go without while he vacations and plays golf. As for the tax cuts Bush enacted. Obama could have vetoed to keep them and he didn't when they came due Dec 31,2010.
    Is GITMO closed???? Are all our troops home????? Are we drilling for oil???? Why has he apologized all over the world for us???? Why are his team players turning on him?????
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• There are some similarities, but Bush didn't go out of his way to bankrupt the country and destroy the Consitution. He didn't use the backroom arm-twisting Chicago style politics Obama has used the whole time he has been in office.

Obama hasn't passed anything legally and ethically. Everything has been amoral and unethical. He refuses to listen to the public on any issue. He can't leave fast enough for me and I pray everything he did will be overturned and reversed ASAP so we have a chance to recover some from his deliberate destruction of this country.

There is a book on Obama's Rage (not the complete title) I suggest everybody read to see why he is doing what he is doing and what his plans are for this country. I can guarantee it will open you eyes and scare the h*** out of you.
    apple-eater

Answer by apple-eater at 1:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• You know that debt we have? When Bush took office we had a budget surplus

No we did not

And Bush was a progressive, just not a marxist progressive.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Bush NEVER apologized, never degraded this country and definitely never chastised her people.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• They are the same. Spending money we don't have, being in wars that we should not be in....
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I voted to keep Obama out. Funny how my t9 texting suggested his name as I started typing. I appreciate the health insurance I get through my mom, but my husband's premium went up 43% Jan 1, 11.

I will vote against him again. We're stuck fighting someone else's fight, a fight we lost the moment it started.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• One and the same- puppets that pander to the elite!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• E SHOULD HAVE!!! He's a war criminal who's left this country in such a financial mess that it will take future administrations forever to repair. I find it laughable that

I find people with a firm grasp of talking points and no substance, laughable.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011