anyone reading any good books about divorced moms raising preteen daughters?

raising daughters
Divorced mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have 2 girls 14 and 11. I have been divorced for 8 yrs. Its not easy but it is possible to raise girls with out a man in the house. I have alot of family and it makes all the difference in the world.
    Supermom253

Answer by Supermom253 at 11:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I don't have any books to recommend but I did it alone when my daughters were younger. I had to change gears as a mom. I was no longer being mom to two little girls and had to rethink my strategy with the pre teens! It actually worked out well for me. I was able to be closer to them without being a tyrant. I gave them just enough responsibility to keep them contributing to the household and feeling valuable as a family member. I also cut them some slack as they proved themselves. They confided in me (sometimes way too much!)and we got through some interesting situations. I never tried to be their "friend". I made it clear I was their mom first and would listen to anything they had to say but they had enough friends in the world! I'm very proud of how each girl has grown and turned out. Just try to remain calm when they come to you with some outlandish stuff. Sometimes it is just to test your reaction.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• http://www.singleparentsnetwork.com/
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:33 PM on Aug. 10, 2008