Do you have a pet that you can admit you treat as your own child?

I have a strong connection w animals. We're fattening some hogs right now for food but I can't help but get attached. Lol My dog (Shynu) though, I DO treat as a child though. He's a Rat Terrier turning 6 years old July 4th. He's so innocent, well behaved & very loyal!

Any similar stories?

shynu

Asked by shynu at 1:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pets

• Yes, our cats are treated like members of the family. They're very spoiled :-) We just love them to pieces!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Oh yeah! My chihuahua is my first son! lol we celebrate his birthday and everything! he's part of our family! lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Yes, indeed. My poodle, Sheldon (I named him after the character on "The Big Bang Theory"). I adopted him from the shelter,and he's been horribly abused and tortured. I've worked very hard to show him that not everyone is going to be cruel to him. He is most definetly my baby!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We let our oldest golden tabby drink from our glasses when we're away from the table, and lap milk from our cereal bowls. Never before him have we eaten after or with a pet. He is a very noble, loyal watch kitty.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 5:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Our dog is part of the family.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• my Chi/Yorkie has been treated like she was a baby her whole life- she has no idea that she is a Dog! LOL:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 8:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• my dogs are spoiled rotton! :)
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 12:53 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Not me but my husband thinks our chihauhau is his little boy.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• i call my chihuahua my dogger(like daughter) lol she is extrememly spoiled!! im just nervous she will be jealous when the baby comes in june! she litterally cant take a nap unless she is in my lap lol
    jdish

Answer by jdish at 6:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2011

• @cbk mom3: lolol. Omg, you get a thumbs up for your dog's name. XD

It's actually my parent's dog but they've had him since I was in ninth grade. His name is Sampson. He's a Rottweiler and the breeder gave him too us WAY too young (he was shipped from another state so we didn't get to see him first and will never trust that method again) so when we got him he was the exact same size as a newborn baby. I would lay him on his back in one arm and scratch his belly with the other. His sister was sick so my parents were spending all their time with her leaving me to care for him in another room. I played with him, taught him all his basic obedience, gave him food, water and cuddles and was his general care taker. He was adorable and we became very attached. It killed me to see his face when I moved out. He looked so sad, like "Where are you going mommy?" But I'm down there every weekend to see my baby boy. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:22 PM on Apr. 14, 2011