Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Stress adult content

my husband has a very mean ex wife , she did everything in her power to him not to see his daughter ( false abuse claims all dissmissed in court), she constantly takes him to court for more money, if she do not get money, he will have a problem with visitation!
OK, i aways knew she is bad trouble, but now she is going after my child ( my own daughter) and me, puting my stepdughter against us, telling bad lies about my kid in school ( they both go to the same school) falce reports to police about me and etc. I am just plain sick of this, she remarried and i tought she will leave us alone for while but probably this not the case with her... I feel so tried from constant stress, she just getting on me. I can not change the school, I can not leave my husband, but i feel like i am in constant stress - what she will do next? we in bad money situation, and we can not pay for lawyers all the time, and judges seems to be always on the custodial parents side, you can not get far if you do not have a lawyer.

Answer Question

Asked by annabl1970 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 3 (20 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • god i am sorry for you. i thought my husbands ex was bad. sound like she really need a taste of her own medicine. have you tried legal aide we have it here in wv but i am not sure aboout other states. you could get them for harrassment for you daughter, i am so sorry you are going through this.

    Answer by brittanybell at 1:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • In NO state in America are you allowed to withhold visitation for lack of payment of child support. PERIOD!! If she is filing false police reports the police NEED to speak to the states attorney to get charges filed against her. Its a misdemeanor for false reports. If she is calling DCFS or child protective services and filing false reports and they have been proven false, after 2 false ones in 6 months YOU can call them and DEMAND they file charges against her as it is a FELONY to make false claims of child neglect or abuse. If DCFS refuses to file charges ask to speak to whomever is in charge and or call the states attorney yourself and ask for charges to be filed. Some women are just crazy bitches who will never get over the divorce.

    Answer by vbruno at 1:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Ignor her. She wants two things: To enoy and money. Every time she sees you get upset you are giving her the power to keep doing it, the worst that you can do to a person is the silent treatment. About the money, go and find an Atty that have a free first consultation, he will help you in how to stop the money thing, many times a simple legal letter wrote by an atty do the trick, this letters are not expensive.
    If she comes and try to insult you etc. A "Restringing order from court" Will keep her away, if she come close, call the cops and she will be arrested.

    Answer by Elle38 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • she works for her friends, so we can not even proof how much she makes in reality, and judges are on custodial parents side most of the time, we can not affrord going to court, we consult with few lawyers, we were told only court can stop this, and it will cost us between 6K to 10K ( still no garantee that it will work after spending all these money! ) and we do not have much money right now. She knows all these, she goes to court with no lawyer and gets most of the time what she wants regarding money( thanks GOD she always lost when it comes to visitations, but it cost so much money, that we still paying to our lawyer from previous court), and it makes my husband sick to go through this again. And all these will continiue for 12 years more and makes me frustrated.
    my stepdaughhter is Good girl, she used to be on her mom side, but now she told her mom: I will not lose my dad just because you hate him!

    Comment by annabl1970 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2011


    Comment by annabl1970 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.