Potty-training Advice Needed (Boy)

Hi Moms . . .

So, this may be a funny question . . .

But, I have a boy who is starting to potty train. Now, do you have them sit to pee or teach them how to stand and pee?

Any advice on this or other helpful hints with boys?

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 1:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• We started with sitting, then waited about 6 months for standing. I can send you the 3-day potty training method if you like. it worked really well for us!! Just PM me your e-mail address. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We started with sitting also - not sure if he is AS particular as my son but the potty made the whole difference, we started with the small on the floor kids potty and it hurt his butt, but at that time, he didn't know how to explain that to us apparently. Then we got a seat for the potty but it was too hard.. once again, he didn't tell us that but we couldn't figure out why he wouldn't poop in the potty - months in to the training he finally told us it was too hard -we got an extra cushion one and bam, he was ready set go - after being fully trained for a couple months we taught him to stand up and pee
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011