What would you say my political party would be? Bashers need not apply.

I have never affiliated myself with a political party. The arguing confuses me, and get's so heated and nasty, I don't know what to think sometimes. I'll share a few of my personal views, and you tell me what party I am more leaning towards. Just for kicks. :)

*I believe in the welfare reform program. You have 18 months of cash aid for 10 years to use. Not as long as you feel like it.

*I feel they excessively tax things, but at the same time, I don't disagree with the concept of taxes.

*I am for the legalization of marijuana

*I'm really not for abortion as a form of BC,and find it a horrible horrible thing, but I won't tear someone down if they had one.

*I don't feel like they care as much about education as they claim. And I feel teachers are overworked and underpaid.

*I'm on the fence about Obama

* But McCain scared the shit out of me

*I think our prison systems are screwed

Ask me anyother questions that may help you come to your conclusion as well. :)

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 1:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Because of these:

*I am for the legalization of marijuana

~ My first guess would be you gravitate toward Fiscal Conservative, Social Moderate.... Research Libertarian. But it is OK to be Independent...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• As for this~

I don't feel like they care as much about education as they claim. And I feel teachers are overworked and underpaid.

~It depends on if you believe the federal government should intervene or this is a power of the states...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Well, my mother is a teacher, and I see her struggles. I see her going through paying out of pocket for teaching supplies. She struggles when there is a child with a disability that can't get help because the school fails to do so properly. My mom felt like Bush's no child left behind thing was a big joke.

I'll have to look into that more grlygrlz! Something to think about. :) Thanks for your answers.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Sure thing... there is a great libertarian group on here.... While I don't like the CM group 'format', I do hop on their site from time to time with questions about learning more....  You don't have to be a self proclaimed libertarian...  You can be an information seeker to join....   But, just as ALL political groups, there are extremes within the libertarian group as well...  Take with a grain of salt, but worth inquiring as a "stepping stone" to research additional information....   Good Luck to you on your "political search"... ;o)

patriotic

I wish more Americans cared and took an interest like you.. Even if we may not agree, kudos to you for caring about your nation and political future!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Check libretarian socialism. It's more of a philosophy than a party.

In my mind, it depends on whether you are more concerened about the good of the individual or the good of the whole. I guess another way to say that would be to ask yourself if, in most cases, you would act in the best interest of yourself or in the best interest of the group if the solutions conflicted.

I hope the above doesn't present as incendiary...i don't intend it too. Different people arrive at different conculsions, that's why politics are tough, there are usually two valid opinions.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• there are usually two valid opinions.

So, so true!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Independent
    ilovemyliam

Answer by ilovemyliam at 2:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Why did McCain scare you?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Well, he just seemed agressive, and came off as condecsending during the election. I worried if he might make the middle east thing worse. Not really a researched thought, just an opinion based off what I had seen.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It is worse now.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011