Is there any other laudry detergents other than Dreft to use for baby clothes?

AngieAng12

Asked by AngieAng12 at 1:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think it is Cheer that makes a baby one too.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• this is going to sound so silly BUT- unless you wash everyone's clothes in baby soap the baby is getting leftover soap from your clothes and it doesn't matter. ALL, CHEER and a few others make baby soap
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Purex makes one. In our house we use Purex or All you can get the fragrance free and hypoallergenic and use that it's cheaper. When you dry your clothes if you want frangrance jus put drier sheets on your clothes only
    N3yN3y

Answer by N3yN3y at 1:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• we only use hypoallergenic, dye free, and natural stuff which is baby safe.
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 1:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We use Method which they make in Baby also
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think the baby detergents are a waste of money....My dd's pedi even said its not worth it unless your child has a medical reason for it like eczema or allergies. I use gain to wash everyones clothes in even with the babies since they were born I never had any problems with it.

If your child has sensitve skin and needs it...purex makes a baby detergent that is about half the price as dreft is.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 1:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I believe Ivory has a laundry detergent that is gentle and safe to use on kids clothing
    brittanybishop

Answer by brittanybishop at 1:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Homemade is cheaper and works well.

1 cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Powder
    1 cup Borax
    1 bar of Ivory soap, pulverized.

Use 2Tbs per load.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Anything Free and Clear of dyes and perfumes will work. Dreft is actually quite scented and I couldn't use it because of my allergies but I kind of thought how is this so great for little babies when one whiff is making me sneeze? Anyway, I have always used All Free and Clear for myself and that was fine for our baby's clothes when she was born, too. In fact, Spartan makes a free and clear liquid laundry soap that I have used, too, and that was fine and a bit less expensive than All. Bounce also makes free and clear dryer sheets which I use in the winter to cut static.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• There is no sensitive skin in mine or SOs history, so we werent too concerned with that. We washed her Clothes with regular detergent, and added an extra rinse at the end. No problems here.
    But i think ALL makes a detergent for sensitive skin too...
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011