Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi ladies! I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my first, and for a few weeks I've been experiencing vaginal burning off and on. It rarely happens when I'm at home in the morning or night, but usually strikes when I'm at school or work (very uncomfortable). I originally thought that perhaps it was just irritaion due to sex and a change in hormones, but it happens even if we don't have sex. And some days after sex I feel completely fine. So it's completely on and off- I could be fine for a few days and the next have this burning again. I've had UTIs before, but this seems completely different. I have an extremely busy schedule (full time worker, full time student) and haven't had a chance to make it to the Doc yet, but I'm going later this week. Anyway, has anyone had a similar experience?

MaypoMouse

Asked by MaypoMouse at 1:58 PM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes but it was a UT infection. They can present themselves differently. Maybe because youre pregnant they are just giving you a different irritable feeling. It can also be a kidney infection of some sort.
    Anonymous

• Could it affect my pregnancy since it's been more than a week?
    MaypoMouse

Answer by MaypoMouse at 2:17 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• The only time I had burning during my pregnancies was following intercourse. I had done some research and it was a reaction to my SO's semen. It would only last during the first trimester.
    lilmom0417

Answer by lilmom0417 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Have you ever had a yeast infection? That is what it sounds like to me. Eating yogurt can help. I was told that because of the mucus increase you are more susceptible to them.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:31 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Yes! Me too. Im almost 20weeks. Ive tried yeast inf treatments too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Dec. 2, 2008