Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

This isn't right! (Rant)

My step-daughter was kidnapped by her mother about 5 years ago. Her mother violated a court order stating she could not leave the state without the written permission from the court and my husband. Fast forward 4 years later, my husband finally locates his daughter as she is in foster care in another state. Mother lost her due to having Munchausens By Proxy. We got temporary custody of his daughter last July and filed violation of court order papers against the mother when custody was made permanant last November. Turns out our case will probably be dismissed because we didn't file the papers soon enough. It took my husband 4 years to find his daughter! Don't you think in this case the court would have enough sense to violate the mother?!?!

Answer Question

Asked by Kari727 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 16 (2,741 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • That is crazy! Poor kid!

    Answer by JawgaMom1 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Seek legal counsel from a child advocate attorney of the courts who im sure CAN get this all straightened out.

    Answer by vbruno at 1:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Thanks vbruno! And to top it all off, my step-daughter is in counseling because she was mentally, physically and sexually abused while she was with her mother, as well as being starved, exposed to drugs and made to live in filth. I just want to strangle her mother!

    Comment by Kari727 (original poster) at 1:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • Youd think! Wow, I cant believe they put her in foster care. I guess they didnt think to help find the dad? Good luck. Definitely seek legal counsel.

    Answer by k.raine at 5:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

  • yes how soon did he want u to do it like bfor u found her or like the next day after u got her back

    Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.