South beach living protein fit cereal bars???

I'm not on any type of diet i just eat my normal foods. Will eating these bars make me gain weight? I only bought them because they taste good! lol

shanda0914

Asked by shanda0914 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• too many carbs cause weight gain. as long as you don't consume more that 60g of carbs a day you won't gain weight. protein boosts your metabolism
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't have the nutrition label to look at but if it's 150 calories or less and contains no high fructose corn syrup and other junk I suppose it's okay on occassion.

momofone725....no more than 60 grams of carbs??? That's actually too low for some people and can cause hypoglycemia. I'm a type 2 diabetic and to avoid highs and lows I stick to about 100-120 grams a day and i'm still losing weight. You just need HEALTHY whole grain carbs and not "white" carbs
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• 60 carbs? A Normal diet is around 250 carbs per day, a "low carb" diet is considered around 100 carbs a day. The first stage of Atkins is 20 carbs a day. Sorry, but I am going to respectfully disagree here....LOL
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2011