Potty Training my DD

She is 2.5 now. She KNOWS how to go in the potty regularly. She is wearing pull-ups and she does well at daycare. But when she comes home, it seems like she gets lazy about it. I have to constantly remind her to go potty. But even then, she says NO and squats right in front of me and does it. Another thing, she doesn't ever poop in the potty! But I will ask her (bc she is pretty regular about it) and she doesn't want to. She runs away into a corner and does her business. How do I get her to go continuously? And to poop? I try to give her candy for every time she goes, but that doesn't work anymore. She knows what to do and I feel like because of that, she is getting too old to be peeing/pooping in her pull-up. Also, I tried the cloth training pants. She thinks its funny to pee in all 6 of them within 10 minutes. Not cool.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At daycare, they do NOT wait for them to go or say they have to go, nor do they ask them. They TAKE them at regular intervals and have them go. That is where your communication is off. And where the issues is coming from,

http://themominformed.blogspot.com/2011/04/potty-learning-mom-informed-style.html

This is about the method I used on my son and he was potty learned in 4 days.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:48 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Is she going regularly on her own at school or is she being brought?
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Good Luck
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:38 AM on Apr. 13, 2011