Early clues?

What were your first clues that your child had entered the realm of preadolescence and how old were they at the time?

ldmrmom

Asked by ldmrmom at 1:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My daughter has entered into this phase shes 10, we obviously noticed the physical changes, the "nubs" body odor and such but i have also noticed she is losing interest in playing with her toys, has developed an attitude at times and is getting more into clothes, celebrities and boys
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i have a 9 year girl it all right for her to have a boyfriend
    jackie273

Answer by jackie273 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• she quite letting me in the bathroom, she would hid while changing.
    juliemomx2

Answer by juliemomx2 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• All of the above started at 10 lol
    Genice6

Answer by Genice6 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• Thanks ladies! My oldest will be 9 soon and the attitude is REALLY beginning to ratchet up! On the flip side, though, his emotions ride a wild set of waves some time. He's more...well touchy. He'll react to things much faster than usual. He still tells us girls are 'stupid' but he's getting whiplash if someone near by says something like "she's cute" and he's blushing at the mention of certain girls.

On the other hand, there are no physical signs of pending change. He's just as happy to streak naked through house if you don't catch him and tell him to put something on first (ugh!) and with that, he's got zero qualms about yelling for me to come in the bathroom or his room no matter what stage of dress he's in. He also wavers between demanding his independence and being really snugly and dependent like he's stuck between both worlds.

I'm just looking to compare notes and commiserate. LOL!!
    ldmrmom

Comment by ldmrmom (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2011

• 10
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 1:50 AM on Apr. 19, 2011