Unique birthday party ideas?!?!?

I'm in the process of planning my son's 1st birthday(October) and my daughter's 3rd birthday(November)! I need some unique party ideas! We did a monkey theme for DDs 1st birthday & a candy shoppe them for her 2nd birthday. I don't really like to do parties that everyone else is doing, but it is so hard to find something that is unique. We go all out for birthday parties because we have family that comes in from all over the state so it's kind of like a big family reunion too---which is why I start planning so early. Any ideas for each party?

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 1:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Entertainment

• What are they into?
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Do you live in town, country, city, activities your family does or refuses to do?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• For DS, Bubble party, Safari party, Train party (there's a train line in our area that does short rides between 2 neighboring towns, ride is about 30 min, lots of people drop off the group in the first town then drive over to the 2nd to set up the party in a nearby park. that would be fun and unique if you could find something like that in your area.)
    For DD, Tea Party, Aquarium (under sea) party, Ice cream party, Cooking/Chef party (let the kids make there own cupcakes from start to finish)
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 2:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• For your sons 1st birthday you could do a "look whoo's Turing one" theme, it's owls! Thats what we did for our dds. I loved it. It's from 1stwishes.com

For your daughters... Depending on what she is into...You could do a tea party, a baking party. My ds (who is 3) loves to help mix and pour things. They have awesome ideas on birthday express.com or first wishes.com
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• DD is into Dora & Princesses!
    DS is really to young too be "into" anything, he usually just gets ahold of whatever his sister is trying to play with, lol.

We live in the country on a lake. The "city", which isn't much of a city, lol, is about 45 minutes from us. We prefer to have the party at our home or at the town park that is just a few miles from where we live. We do a variety of things, everything from girly girl tea parties for our daughter, to playing sports together. We love to grill or BBQ outdoors, we enjoy doing crafts together. Anything you can think of, we probably do it. ;)

wishwish

Comment by wishwish (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• The first birthday is more for you, as you know. Do a bbq at the park, maybe just do primary colors as the theme. We rolled out a roll of newspaper remnants, and passed out fingerpaints. Once it dried, I cut it into 8x10" sheets and put it in cheap frames I got at Walmart.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011