How do u deal with a child who has ADHD? When u just found oud they have it?

red4u2kno

Asked by red4u2kno at 2:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Kids' Health

• The same way you did before. Changing everything all at once will make it hard on the child. Usualy you need things to be more structured and organized so you could start to slowly change the daily schedule and this will help them stay forused on one thing and not go all crazy (sorry lack of a better word) You could also talk to a doctor about what would be best to do to help them going through this. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Here is a link that will help you.

http://helpguide.org/mental/adhd_add_parenting_strategies.htm
    Anonymous

• There are behavioral therapists the help your child and you learn how to adapt and cope with ADHD. I have twin boys with Acute Genetic ADHD. They were diagnosed at 6yrs and are now 18yrs, graduating this May. We have been through all this. It takes time and a LOT of patience.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My son was recently diagonosed with ADHD...about 5 weeks ago. I too searched for coping strategies for not only my son but for myself as well. There are quite a few groups on cafemom with other moms that have children with ADHD..I found that a very helpful source of real information and advice.
    For myself, I write a journal on here about what we go through. Not only does it help me..it helps to keep documentation.
    Heres a link to my first journal of when I first found out about Joshua:
    http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1649230/Hard_Decision_Your_child_and_Adderall_MY_child_and_Adderall

Best Wishes to you..if you need to talk..send me a message!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2011