Taxes Question

My MIL like every year has waited until the last possible minute to do taxes. She said she is coming to my house tomorrow night to do them online. She said she will be filing online with Turbotax since they do a free one for federal. She also asked me to find out where she can do her taxes for free for the state of California. I have no clue how to find this stuff including how to find out if it's the real deal, this is why we have someone do our taxes.

If you have done yours for free, or know where to go to get them done for free online can you please pass the memo onto me? I don't know if she meant Turbotax for that as well, lost on the whole thing.

Thanks in advance.

ADULT.CONTENT

Asked by ADULT.CONTENT at 2:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Turbo Tax and Tax Act do free federal and I think it is either 7 or 9 dollars to do state for them. I am not sure we don't have state income tax in TX.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thank you both.
    ADULT.CONTENT

Comment by ADULT.CONTENT (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• state taxes usually are never free. only federal. just tell her to pay the amount they ask.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• She said she did it last year for free. I asked her where and she said she didn't remember.
    ADULT.CONTENT

Comment by ADULT.CONTENT (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• In PA, you can file state taxes for free online if you go directly through the PA tax site. Maybe CA is the same.
    Anonymous

• Try checking into California Department of Revenue:
    http://www.ftb.ca.gov that is what I found when searching online for you =)
    Corilyn1221

Answer by Corilyn1221 at 9:55 PM on Apr. 12, 2011