How do you keep your kid from stripping?

My toddler has begun taking off all his clothes including his diaper. We are getting into potty training but he's doing it when we are not. He takes off his pants and undoes his onsie snaps and pulls the non pull up diaper off. Any constructive advice will be welcome here :)

mrs.coop

Asked by mrs.coop at 2:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• stick undies over his diaper and see if it helps. we had to do that to DD and it worked pretty well
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Put his onsie on backward, it is harder to unbutton that way. Also put some jeans on, they are harder to pull down than stretchy pants.

Also, don't make a big deal about it. If you get upset every time he does it, he will keep it up just for the reaction. Just redress him and don't make it into an issue. :) Kids are so funny!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• are you kidding me im on outfit like 13 for the day!!! my daughter thinks its a game and she changes clothes each time a new show comes on or we start a new activity. I am inveesting in the drawer locks this weekend.. As far as keep him from stripping well, I would put on the underware over the diaper, but also make it special. Look at your big boy underwear, dont take these off. You look like a big boy!! Have him help you pick out the clothes he wants to wear? my daughter just likes making costume changes, at two she can completely put together outfits. You wonder whats going through their heads.
    cmerc19

Answer by cmerc19 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• My biggest concern is when all his clothes are off but his arms get stuck in the sleeves and he falls down and bumps his head. I never get mad, he doesn't know any better. In fact he may even be trying to change his own diaper for all I know lol. He rarely wears stretchy pants and he has no problem getting his jeans off. I'll try the underwear idea and promote it strongly :) Thanks ladies.
    mrs.coop

Comment by mrs.coop (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• if all else fails, put duct tape around the diaper...not to where it touches the skin though!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• :) he is a baby let him be clothes free except a diaper of course inside or weather permitting.. you can tape the diaper on, but touching skin..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 6:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i dont know going thru same thing right now but just keep redressing them and they will grow out of it some kids just dont like to have clothes on and now my son actually has went from being naked to putting shorts on all the time cuz his older brothers were just wrestling so he thinx they r wrestling shorts and he wants to wrestle so bad and its to cold for shorts still so just keep with it it will b over soon
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• lol I just went to check on him, he's been sleeping a while, and he had his diaper off the side of the bed. Thank god I checked so I don't have to wash the sheets yet again this week! He's so cute!
    mrs.coop

Comment by mrs.coop (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about it too much. Over the next 3-4 years your going to have tons of problems keeping clothes on him at home. You just have to learn to live with it and enjoy it.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 11:30 AM on Apr. 13, 2011

• We used masking tape around the diaper and that has worked real well for bed time. No more messes!
    mrs.coop

Comment by mrs.coop (original poster) at 11:48 AM on May. 2, 2011