Can't get rid of sinus infection...help!!!!!

i have had a sinus infection going on 2 months now.i have been on 2 different antibiotics which seem to help a little while i'm taking them but as soon as there gone all symptoms return.i have tried over the counter sinus medicine and mucinex. i don't know what else to do i have a headache almost constantly and there is an odor in my nose that only i can smell(no one around me can smell it).i can also feel it dripping in the back of my throat and it leaves a nasty taste.i don't know how much more of this i can take.any advice on how to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated.thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• I used to have chronic sinus infections. Nothing would make them go away. I finally had endoscopic sinus surgery. They scrap it all out in there & widen the turbinates (the little tunnel things that lead to your sinuses). It really helped me a LOT! You might check with an ear, nose & throat doctor. I did that & they did a CT scan of my head so they could see what was really going on in there. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

• neti pot. hope you feel better soon!
    morethanme_you

Answer by morethanme_you at 2:21 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It sounds like you have a mold problem where you live. You may not even be able to see it to have an issue. Im deathly allergic to it and my throaght bleeds if Im in a home with it.That will cause you to have a constant sinus infection. Also if you live very close to a pond with lots of ducks a high fecal level in the pond will also cause you to have a constant sinus infection. I had that issue with our last home. You need to find out if you have mold behind the walls where your water pipe's are. If your in an apartment it's a GOOD bet you have mold and thats causing your issues. Your property manager is required by law to address mold issues. If they refuse call the health dept,or the EPA. You can also tell the property manager know your going to the states attorney and putting your rent in a trust with the States Attorney till the mold issue is resolved. It's completely legal and they CANT evict you for it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I feel for you! I just got over one....lasting almost 3 months. My doctor told me that over 90 percent of sinus infections are viral in origin so antibiotics don't help! Sinus infections are rarely fungal in nature but you should also consider this. I found that by just doing daily nasal irrigation with a neti pot, some kosher salt and a pinch of baking soda helped. I also discovered our rental unit has mold.....and we are getting it remediated shortly. I hope you feel better.
    Anonymous

• Increasing your vitamin d-3 intake to 2000 IU or more a day can help prevent and treat it along with a whole lot more diseases and disorders, plus its cheap..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Oh man. Sorry you are suffering so much! I would check with your dr. to see if there is anything they could reccomend.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 12, 2011