How often do you think is healthy to be out of the house with your kids as apposed to staying at home?

ilovemyliam

Asked by ilovemyliam at 2:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• We go outside daily as long as it's nice. In the winter, we stay home. I hate the cold.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:25 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Better outside than stifled inside.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• As much as you like. There is no one "right " answer.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 2:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I try to plan somewhere to go everyday, even if it's just the drug store and the dry cleaners! I need to get out of the house or I tend to get a little crazy.

Answer by missanc at 2:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We only have one car and DH takes it to work, so I am home with the kids all day pretty much every day. We go outside and play a lot, and that is great for both the kids and I. I however, like to be at my house. I usually elect to stay home when given the choice, but being home to me doesn't mean being in the house.
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It is up to u,there r no rules.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We only have one car, so when hubby is at work, we just play outside and if its pretty/ not raining then we go out everyday.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I think it depends on the weather and other factors. My kids go outside everyday and get some form of exercise and if it is winter then they play an indoor sport like basketball or something so they can still be active. I think its terrible for a child to be sitting at home with no extra curricular activities.

Answer by gemgem at 2:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Right now my hubby has my truck because his is broke down so we are home a lot but if its nice out we go out everyday and play but just to go out to stores and stuff like that we atleast go once to twice a week. I dont think you have to take your kids down the road everyday but it is important that they get to go outside and play
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I don't think there is really a limit.

As long as you handle your business. Meaning school work is done, dinner and they have time for wash up.

It is healthy to get fresh air daily but as for a time limit. I say the more the better. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011