How do u plan to teach your child to be responsible and work ethic?

ilovemyliam

Asked by ilovemyliam at 2:27 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• By example.
    Anonymous

• My daughter does chores around the house and since my S.O owns his own business,We are teaching her how to answerthe telephne correctly and greet customers.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 2:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Show my example and start early!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:31 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Considering I chose my spouse in part for his work ethic I can only hope the example he sets rubs off on the kids. I am a SAHM but also teach them to never do anything half assed. If you are going to do something you put everything into it or nothing at all. Hopefully what I have taught them growing up, and when they were teens and had jobs will stay with them.

Answer by gemgem at 2:33 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• By example and giving them responsibilities from an early age. When they become old enough, they will have to earn the things they want that are not necessities...i.e. toys, special brand shoes/clothes, etc.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 2:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• By example but also their involvement in various activities. Their involvement is a commitment to a team or group that requires them to not only be responsible through time management, friends they choose and their personal belongings but it also teaches them about commitment and what it means to work hard for they want (whether that be to win a baseball game or a personal goal they have to achieve).
    They also have chores to do, which allows them to work for the things that they want.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2011