• In the Spotlight:

Could this be serious? adult content

ok i didnt want to have to ask on here but this was bothering me ok here it goes,a few weeks ago i noticed like a pimple down below ,well a couple days after seeing it it popped well now the bump from the pimple is still there i was wondering if this was even a pimple or somethin more serious? i figured the bump would go away by now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Health

• Can just be a pimple, I've had them every so often. Doctor told me it's my body's way of getting impurities out. My aunt gets them on her breasts and I have even gotten them there once in a while too.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• sounds like an infected hair I get them from time to time takes a bit for the swelling to down Could be something else but as long as its not on the inside that what it sounds like to me.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• could be a cyst. try putting a hot wash cloth on it and then see what happens it seems like its coming to a head so to speak thats probably what it is. they are fairly common in that area so don't be too embarrassed my dh gets him his manly areas all the time
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 2:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Pimple or ingrown hair or possible both. It can take 10 days or more for bump to go away.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:37 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Could be an ingrown hair.. But popping pimples anywhere is never a good idea, the impurities contained inside can be released back into the blood stream and cause infections if you damage the skin barrier underneath the pimple..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• thank u guys for all your answers now i dont feel so bad about this
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• :) Sounds like you got some great answers! No need to be embarressed. We all have to deal with the human body!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Sounds like it could have been an ingrown hair or a infected hair follicle. Both can cause things that resemble pimples and they can last for a bit.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 3:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011