Ok, creative moms, do you have any"Princess" & "Shark" themed 4th birthday party ideas?

I realize a birthday party is not a holiday, but I'm not sure where this belongs.

My daughter wants a "Princess" birthday party, and my son wants a "Shark" birthday party!  I have about 3 1/2 months to plan, but the contradictory themes are leaving me baffled. Their birthday is in August and we live in Texas, so it will be hot here. I could see outdoor water activities for a "Shark" party, but not sure how to combine that with the "Princess" theme.  I'm having a hard time getting started and could really use some creative ideas.

Do you have any ideas how I can combine these two themes into one party?

Thanks!

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:35 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Holidays

• I wish I could help and give you great advice like you always do for me but... I like the Little Mermaid Idea too - you could make shark fin hats for the boys and princess hats for the girls ( or buy them ) or pirate hats and foam knifes ( I saw them at Target for $1 ) if you do it at home in your backyard you could have little stations for fun things -wand making for the little princess's a stick, a circle with glues and wrapping paper streamers to hang or tie around the circle face painting although I don't know if it would melt off in the TX Sun.. girls could get flowers, boys a shark - so it could be 2 separate themes exactly what they want but it could just be at the same time - I know your babies will have a blast either way but I know about wanting it to feel perfect yet individual for both of them.. good luck!

maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:05 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Why dont you do an ariel/shark party. Both are water oriented so yo could do an ocean theme with mermaids and sharks.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 2:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Little Mermaid?

Finding Nemo?

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Princess is on the land, shark is on the ocean. Do a surf theme with a surf princess type deal and the shark.

Answer by gemgem at 3:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks for all the great ideas! This gives me a good start.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Comment by TweenAndTwinMom (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2011