Big Girl Bed

My dd is 3.5. We are thinking about getting her a big girl bed instead of the toddler bed. Any suggestions on what kind?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 2:42 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 4 year old had been in a big girl bed since she was about that age. I just got a twin size bed that was low to the ground. They make them with drawers and such on the bottom that come in handy!
    MyLilClaireBear

Answer by MyLilClaireBear at 2:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I bought my daughter a white captains bed that has a trundle underneath. It also has three drawers on it. It sits up pretty high but we just pulled the bottom bed out a little bit so she could climb up. She is now eight and loves having the second bed for sleepovers and stuff. I recently bought her a full size bed and she didn't want it so I put it in our spare room and got rid of the day bed there.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 2:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• when I am ready to move our 2 year old out of her crib (she sleeps so well in it) we can convert her crib (it's a 4 in 1). I am thinking we might just get her a white twin bed.

Oh...I am so not ready for that day to come.

Good luck with your choice...and yes, skip the toddler bed.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• At 3, we bought my DD her big girl bed (to match the furniture)-- and let her pick out the comforters and such -- she LOVES it. It sits up pretty high, but she is an avid climber so it has never been a problem. It's a twin. (A trundle bed beneath would be great).
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Maybe something lower to the ground.. we have been looking for one from my son who is about that age. I agree with letting her pick out the sheets, comforter etc.. that is what we are going to do too.. My son likes too many things for me to pick! lol
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• If you have the money to invest I'd get a trundle bed. It has another mattress that pulls out underneath so you can have sleepovers when she's older and if you keep it pulled out at night she doesn't have as far to fall...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 7:17 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• We are still in that debate ourselves. Our son wanted a memory foam bed so we spent the money on the mattress and have him on the floor as we try to decide on car bed, loft bed or standard bed (and look for sales).
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 13, 2011