Is it normal to still have pain after having a c-section from three and a half years ago?

Once in a while I get pain inside and on my incision from my c- section three and half years ago.

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. I had my c-section 18 months ago and haven't felt any pain in at least a year.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:51 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I was told that after my c section I could have some discomfort for the rest of my life. It's a surgery, and doctors are not perfect and neither is your body. If its realy bad pain, call your doctor and tell them that you are having these pains. I had two c sections a year apart, I already know my insicion is gonna bother me foreverrrrr lol =)
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 2:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't think so. I had 2 csections 20 months apart and haven't had any pain since the initial pain subsided about 3-4 weeks after we came home.

Answer by missanc at 4:04 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i would call your doctor because i have never had a c section
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I had my c-section 3 years and 4 months ago, and I still have some pain every once in awhile. My mom had her c-section 23 years ago and still has pains and discomfort every now and then. It just all depends on your body and how you healed. You have scar tissue there now, which can cause pain and discomfort.
    PrdWifeNMom07

Answer by PrdWifeNMom07 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2011