Make 16yr old stepdaughter easter basket last time we saw her was last Sept.

Im doing easter baskets for my 4yr old and 14month old...also for my 11 yr old stepdaughter....Not spending to much this yr prob. around $15 for 11yr old....$10 for 4yr old and 14month old (plus a little candy for each except for baby) I have a 16 yr old stepdaughter that NEVER comes around last time she was over was her bday back in Sept. I did buy christmas gifts but she never came to get them so we sent them with 11yr old when she went to her moms. She texts her "dad" when she wants money but thats it so do i make her an easter basket? I doubt we will see her but i kinda feel bad although she is 16 (but my mom made them for us till we moved out of the house she still would but has grandkids now they are more important lol)

tomsjennabean

Asked by tomsjennabean at 2:52 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• well, will she be there? if so, yes I would make her one, if not, don't worry about it :)
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• idk i doubt it but i still feel bad not making her one.....DH says not to she only comes around when she knows there are presents for her so dont bother
    tomsjennabean

Comment by tomsjennabean (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Just make one for her. You don't have to spend a lot, but it is the thought that counts, and it shows her that you care about her and want to include her in the family. Didn't in make you feel special when your mom made you a basket even though you were clearly past the Easter Bunny stage? Continue that tradition, even if it is not appreciated now it will be appreciated someday in the future, and you are setting a good example for your children that you include everyone in the family for special events.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• maybe she just doesnt want to be a go inbetween
    divakay3

Answer by divakay3 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks maybe thats why i feel so bad i did feel special when my mom did lol....although me and stepdaughter are not close at all i still feel i should include her...more than likely she wont be here but i could have DH drop it off... I will prob. just do hers candy im getting the others summer toys too but i do know that as they get older the more they want and more expensive it gets lol
    tomsjennabean

Comment by tomsjennabean (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• thats fine with me if she doesnt want to go in between but what bothers me is that she NEVER calls her "dad" (this is not her real dad but hes raised her since she was 2 and they dont know who her real dad is) unless she wants money. Not even to say Hi and it hurts him so much and yes hes talked to her about it but it does no good
    tomsjennabean

Comment by tomsjennabean (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't. She is probably expecting it from you just as she probably expected the other gifts. Her not picking them up shows she doesn't appreciate them.  Same with the money situation.  She is ungrateful and unappreciative by not calling other than to ask for things. Stop giving them to her.  I bet she will ask why everyone else got one.  She will either get pissed or she will realize she was being nasty.  You could always make her one just in case she "sees the light" to give to her, but as long as yall keep giving her things and allowing her to treat you this way she wont stop.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i think she is too old for an easter basket maybe you should just give her some attention or take her out for a day of pampering like to the mall for some new gear or to get her nails done or to her favorite music store
    divakay3

Answer by divakay3 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• It does not seem like she would appreciate it....so no I would not bother!
    JLang

Answer by JLang at 4:01 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Take your husband's advice. ---->DH says not to she only comes around when she knows there are presents for her so dont bother

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:18 PM on Apr. 12, 2011