IUD (tmi) adult content

I have mirena, and got it a little over 2 years ago and have not had any problems with it. For the most part I have had no periods.. every 3 to 4 months I have a little spotting for 1 day and thats it.. But a few days ago I had some spotting that was a lot darker and didnt really think much of it.. but it is still going, today is the 4th day, and its more and a lot darker in color and kind of mucussy.. Sorry, I know this is kind of gross and I will most likely be calling a doctor tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else with mirena has gone thorugh this. Not getting a period is likely but not promised with and IUD so initially I just figured this was a month I wasnt as lucky as before.. but this just seems weird. The past couple hours I have had some cramping too.. idk

VBM7287

Asked by VBM7287 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I just had my mirena removed. Way too many problems. The dark spotting being one of the. My doc told me it was normal and it was just old blood. But it would last for a week, then another week would go by, and then boom...started up again. IT SUCKED ASS!

There were way more other problems I had besides that one. And, that was the second time I had the mirena, the first time I had it, the problems were worse. So had it removed and replaced. But The second one was just as bad. I highly recommend to get rid of. but then again, everyones different.

I just hope thats the only problem you encounter. Good luck!

scottshoney

Answer by scottshoney at 3:03 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• i have not and i dont no nyone that has so im sorry i cant help yeah id just call the doc
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011