If someone just stopped by

your home, right at this moment (and you were home) would you say

Hey, come on in. (and be thankful your house looks presentable)

Or die of embarrassment because you didn't get around to cleaning it and it's a mess right now. Just wondering.

ItsJustMe1017

Asked by ItsJustMe1017 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Choice one.... I can't sit comfortable in my house unless its clean lol
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 3:09 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I dont invite anyone in unless I specifically invited them in the first place, so it isnt an issue with me lol. Clean or dirty house everyone I know knows you dont just pop on over to my place.

Answer by gemgem at 3:10 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would pretend I didn't hear the doorbell!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I am sick, so the house is not great. I dont think they'd care or even stick around long after they heard me cough : ) I hate unexpected visits. It happens though. I answered the door once with a green facial mask on. haha. It was a religious lady with a booklet and she was more embarrassed about it then I was. Her face got red and she says " I'll make this quick since I see you were not expecting company" lol
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 3:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Option 1, because today my house happens to be spotless. We had a party on Sunday (son's bday) and Monday we weren't home all day, so the house is still clean & neat from it being cleaned up after the party.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:16 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I would say "Please don't mind the goldfish all over the place and the half naked toddler wreaking havoc". I'd be alright cuz I clean in the morning.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 3:23 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I just spent the whole day cleaning, redecorating and reorganizing, so I would say, COME ON IN! I'm proud of my house. In fact, I think I might invite someone over. Just cause. lol
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I have 3 kids under 5, mess is as clean as it gets... Come on in and deal.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• I wish the people who stopped by unannounced would knock! Most of the time, it's my in laws who never knock. We leave the garage door unlocked and they know our code... If it were anyone else.... I'd tell em, have a seat, don't mind the two kids who are sleeping on the couch... :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:40 PM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Sabrina, I am in the same boat as you (3 kids 5 and under) and it feels like there is always SOMETHING that needs to be cleaned or picked up.
    ItsJustMe1017

Comment by ItsJustMe1017 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Apr. 12, 2011